Friday, October 14, 2011

28 week belly shot: oh hello Braxton Hicks; I remember you!

I totally meant to post a 24 week belly shot . . . and then I woke up one day and was 28 weeks instead. Oops. That's how this pregnancy has been, though. Chalk it up to it being Baby #2, but everything has just been so much less . . . remarkable this time around. It's still awe-inspiring, when I stop and think about it; I guess the difference is that I have less time to stop and think about it.

Welcome to pregnancy 2.0, I suppose!


Wow is my bathroom mirror dirty! Sorry about that, folks.
Did you notice that I fixed the bathroom lighting issue (at least in this shot)? Compliments go to MckMama and her fabulous online photography workshop!
Adrian says (and I agree with him) that I'm carrying lower this time than I did with Lyndon. So far, I'm ok with that. Breathing is much easier than it was last time, and starting out lower just means Baby #2 has that much more of a head start (pun intended).



I put on a new shirt the other day and said, "Adrian, is it just this shirt making me look big, or am I really this big?" His reply? "You're pretty big." Only a woman who has never struggled with her weight could accept that kind of brutally honest answer. He's right, though. This big belly kind of snuck up on me. One day, I woke up and none of my pre-pregnancy shirts fit, even the nice, long, forgiving ones.

In other news, those lovely Braxton-Hicks contractions that I had for so long with Lyndon are back. With a vengeance. I've been feeling them sporadically since I was about 20 weeks along, but they've picked up in the last 2 weeks or so. I now have them whenever I move too vigorously, which includes things like climbing stairs, standing up after sitting, cleaning bathrooms, and changing sheets. Oh, and picking up Lyndon. When I pick him up and put him on my lap, I am pretty much guaranteed to set off a contraction. They're uncomfortable this time around, too, especially since I usually have to continue what I'm doing instead of having the luxury of just making everything stop for a minute. Lyndon would be pretty upset if I threw him off my lap halfway through "Go Dogs Go" because my belly was contracting. Again, welcome to pregnancy #2. It's a little different this time.

No comments: