Wednesday, May 11, 2011

6 week belly shot: already having trouble with my skinny jeans

When I was pregnant with Lyndon, I wore my normal pants and shorts until I was about 5 months along. I did have to wrap a rubber band around the button and thread it through the button-hole for some extra wiggle room, but that was it. This time around, it ain't gonna happen. At 6 weeks:


Yikes! And those are my "comfy" jeans. My normal jeans start to get uncomfortable around 3 pm, and I have to either unbutton or make the switch to something more forgiving.


As excited as I am to look pregnant, I have to say that I'm having a hard time with this whole showing earlier thing. I'm afraid it will extend the awkward "Are you pregnant or just putting on weight?" stage that I hated so much last time.

Then again, we might just reach the fun "obviously pregnant" stage that much sooner. Only time will tell. One thing's for sure, though: this time around, I am definitely buying some maternity shorts.

2 comments:

InDeeds said...

Yay for looking pregnant! :-) I have a friend who is 19 weeks pregnant and very obviously pregnant (its her 4th), and someone today was like "oh, I didn't know you were pregnant I just figured you were...well you wear loose fitting tops in general..." She just trailed off awkwardly after that when she realized that it was actually really obvious that she is pregnant. Haha.

Courtney Pilling said...

awww how fun! I guess the 2nd time around your body is like SWEET! I know what we're doing this time!!
Being 25 weeks along... unless I wear certain very evident pregnant shirts (you know the ones... tight with the bunched up sides), people don't seem convinced I'm pregnant. I still haven't gotten any pregnancy pants... I'm hoping to at least get a pair or two of capris for this summer. I would like to have a legit pregnant belly by August!! Here's hoping. =)