Friday, May 14, 2010

Virtually Accountable

So, I've realized that my time with God recently has not been what it should be. My Bible reading is spotty at best, when I get around to it, and almost never do I take the time to think deeply about what I've read. Lyndon is nearly four months old; it's time to stop using the "new baby" excuse.

(As a disclaimer, I know that even a good thing like consistent, meaningful quiet times is not my hope of salvation. It will not get me into Heaven. Only Christ's sacrifice can do that. BUT I do want to spend consistent, meaningful time with my Savior, and sometimes we need a little nudge to do even the things we want to do.)

So, I'm starting a series here on the blog. Once a week, I pledge to write about my time in God's Word. I hope to expound on something I've read, which means I will actually have to think about it, which will be good for me. Writing is THE BEST way for me to organize my thoughts and discover new things. It's how I learn. I used to go through journal after journal, crafting responses to everything around me, but it's been a long time since I've done that, and this is the closest thing I have to a journal right now. Plus, it will keep me accountable. If I don't write something, you will know.

So, here we go. Look for my first post sometime this weekend (as this post is already long enough) and AT LEAST once a week after that. Help me get back where I want to be.

1 comment:

Ten Page said...

Even if the amount of time we rack up in prayer is not our ticket into heaven, Christ's example of prayer and reflection is quite clear to us. Paul's admonition to "pray without ceasing" is just as clear. I'm looking forward to reading your reflections 8-)